Setting Up Your POP or IMAP Email Account in MS Outlook Express
This article shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook Express to work with your e-mail account hosted on UnicHost Web Server. These settings are mostly similar and worked with most of the versions of Microsoft Outlook Express as well.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook Express…
- Open Microsoft Outlook Express, under Tools menu, click on Accounts.
- Go to the “Mail” tab and click on “Add” menu, select Mail.
- In the Display Name field, enter you full name that will be display in From field, click Next.
- In the E-mail address field, enter your email address and click Next.
- On the E-mail Server Names page, add your information as follows:
My incoming mail server is a select “IMAP”
Incoming mail server (POP3, IMAP or HTTP)
Outgoing mail (SMTP) server
NOTE: “mail.yourdomain.com” is an SMTP relay server. In order to use this server to send e-mails, you must have SMTP relay activated on your e-mail account. By default it is activated on account setup by UnicHost.com.
- In the Account Name, enter your email address and password in the Password field, click Next.
- Click Finish On the setup confirmation page.
- Now, on the Mail tab, select the account you just created, click on Properties on the right.
- Go to the Servers tab.
- Select My server requires authentication, and click Apply.
- Go to the Advanced tab for port settings. (Here you won’t need any modifications as such, except told to do so.)
- If you want to keep a copy of email messages stored on your email provider’s servers, in the Delivery section, select Leave a copy of messages on server (This is optional and applicable for POP settings only).
Your Outlook Express account is now configured, and it’s ready to use. Click Close to close the Internet Accounts window and return to Outlook Express.